I am crossing Greenland on skis in May, pulling my sled to raise money for "Right To Play" and "Children in Crisis". These charities help children in the most traumatised regions of the world. I strongly believe that the world is a community and that children are our future. So for me, it is absolutely necessary that children all over the world acquire social skills, team spirit and an education so that they can respect themselves. I will face extreme cold, howling winds, fatigue and icy snow. I will have to carry everything I need on my sled and back. I will sleep in a tent in the middle of nowhere. I might even encounter a polar bear!! I am really super excited but terrified!! It is a minimum of 3 weeks so I think that my limits will be thoroughly tested.

Thursday 14 April 2011

Extreme Mother - Promotional Film

Please watch my promotional film above and learn about the extreme mental and physical challenges that I will be undertaking every day of ski-ing the Arctic Circle.  I also explain how it is my belief in the work of Children in Crisis and Right To Play that motivates me to undertake such an intense challenge.


Also check me out training on roller skis in London's Hyde Park, and getting to meet the wonderful Chemmy Alcott who very kindly gave me some excellent tips to prepare me for weeks spent in such an extreme climate.


Please do help me to make a life-changing difference to 1000's of children and young people across the world - sponsor me at: www.virginmoneygiving.com/sabinediederichs


Thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment