I am crossing Greenland on skis in May, pulling my sled to raise money for "Right To Play" and "Children in Crisis". These charities help children in the most traumatised regions of the world. I strongly believe that the world is a community and that children are our future. So for me, it is absolutely necessary that children all over the world acquire social skills, team spirit and an education so that they can respect themselves. I will face extreme cold, howling winds, fatigue and icy snow. I will have to carry everything I need on my sled and back. I will sleep in a tent in the middle of nowhere. I might even encounter a polar bear!! I am really super excited but terrified!! It is a minimum of 3 weeks so I think that my limits will be thoroughly tested.

Monday 4 April 2011

Brynje

Today has been a day of good news.


First Jatinder of "Embroidery by Design" sent me the final proof for my expedition logo and it is great. I love it. It has both my charities's names on it, my beautiful "Extreme Mother" logo and a short message about the challenge. It also states what this is about as well as the date of the challenge.
Lars has added my name as he likes to make logo quite personalised. 


Then Margaret sent me a mail telling me that Brynje would be happy to give me their clothes for the expedition. I am really happy as these are the best and most technical clothes that I have ever worn. I wore a mesh underlayer while training for 4 days which was just amazing. I was never too hot nor cold, and it dried amazingly quickly. So I am really very happy and proud to be dressed in Brynje and I must say that I am so grateful to them as it saves me buying all the expedition clothes I need, (and which really, because of the harsh weather and non-stop wear, have to be different and tougher from the one I ski with in the Alps), and this would have been quite expensive. So thanks a million Brynje!



1 comment:

  1. Hello! There I found you - and it seems you are fine. What a nice logo!
    Want to say I am happy I was sitting next to you at the London plain last week, it was very exting to hear about your engagement.
    And - I am going to find our nearest Brynje-shop, seems to be good clothing for us who works outdoor.
    Keep up the training, but stay away from snakes! :-)
    I have put a link to your blogg on my FB.
    Love, Ester

    ReplyDelete