I am crossing Greenland on skis in May, pulling my sled to raise money for "Right To Play" and "Children in Crisis". These charities help children in the most traumatised regions of the world. I strongly believe that the world is a community and that children are our future. So for me, it is absolutely necessary that children all over the world acquire social skills, team spirit and an education so that they can respect themselves. I will face extreme cold, howling winds, fatigue and icy snow. I will have to carry everything I need on my sled and back. I will sleep in a tent in the middle of nowhere. I might even encounter a polar bear!! I am really super excited but terrified!! It is a minimum of 3 weeks so I think that my limits will be thoroughly tested.

Saturday 23 April 2011

A bag of surprises from my friends to cheer me up!

It would be a wonderful help for me if as many of you could send me a surprise with a message to open while I am on the ice. It can be some jokes, a picture of something you know will cheer me up, a poem, an invitation, whatever you think will help me keep my spirits up and that I can print on a sheet of paper! The more I have, the better it will be. I will put them in a bag and randomly pick one up every evening. Unfortunately, I can update my blog and call briefly some evenings, but cannot receive anything! So you have to do this before Thursday April 28th!!


You can send them to my private mail: sabinediederichs@googlemail.com (sabinediederichs@hotmail.com works too) with SURPRISE written as title so that I don't open it. I will ask my children to open it, print it and put it in an envelope with your name and any message. Thanks in advance!


Please, please, be many to do this. I count on you. Apparently the weather has been very difficult in Greenland and many expeditions have had to turn back because of frostbite and wet equipment. With my two seasoned Norwegians, I don't think that it will happen, but we might not escape the very cold and bad weather. So I need to have something to look for when I come back to the tent in the evening (something else than loud snores and freeze dried food!!!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment