I am crossing Greenland on skis in May, pulling my sled to raise money for "Right To Play" and "Children in Crisis". These charities help children in the most traumatised regions of the world. I strongly believe that the world is a community and that children are our future. So for me, it is absolutely necessary that children all over the world acquire social skills, team spirit and an education so that they can respect themselves. I will face extreme cold, howling winds, fatigue and icy snow. I will have to carry everything I need on my sled and back. I will sleep in a tent in the middle of nowhere. I might even encounter a polar bear!! I am really super excited but terrified!! It is a minimum of 3 weeks so I think that my limits will be thoroughly tested.

Saturday 2 April 2011

ADRIEN, my darling godson!

Yesterday I went to Paris to meet Adrien who is Corinne and Guillaume's baby. He was born on March 27th. Guillaume is my nephew and we have always been very close and I was very happy when he married Corinne who is absolutely lovely. So it was only natural that I jumped in a plane and went to see them as soon as I could.


A big surprise awaited me: I am Adrien's godmother!! I am so happy! 
Isn't he the cutest baby? He slept in my arms while his mother was resting a little (the first days are soooo tiring), and I was in heaven! I am sure that if I have a down day in Greenland, thinking of Adrien will help me by bringing a huge smile to my face. Of course I will also think of Sabine, my lovely goddaughter who started university last year.


While I was driving through Paris, I could not believe my eyes as a big French bank,  Societe Generale has a campaign which message is identical to the Right to Play's message. It says "nothing is nicer than team spirit". Isn't this unbelievable? It is what I fundamentally believe and one of the key reasons for me crossing Greenland!! (this is a sign...). I am going to contact RTP to see if they could team with Soc Gen in France.


Life is really wonderful and I am lucky. My family is doing very well, my children are wonderful and I am terribly proud of them, my parents are very healthy and strong, and so are my brothers, sisters, and their children and grandchildren and, last but not least, my darling Adrien!! I have the support and help of many great people for my challenge and everyday brings another friend ready to help or sponsor me. Even total strangers send me messages of support. I am incredibly grateful for this and it makes me even more determined to help disadvantaged children dramatically improve their chances in life, so that, in turn, they also can experience how beautiful and stimulating life can be!









No comments:

Post a Comment