I am crossing Greenland on skis in May, pulling my sled to raise money for "Right To Play" and "Children in Crisis". These charities help children in the most traumatised regions of the world. I strongly believe that the world is a community and that children are our future. So for me, it is absolutely necessary that children all over the world acquire social skills, team spirit and an education so that they can respect themselves. I will face extreme cold, howling winds, fatigue and icy snow. I will have to carry everything I need on my sled and back. I will sleep in a tent in the middle of nowhere. I might even encounter a polar bear!! I am really super excited but terrified!! It is a minimum of 3 weeks so I think that my limits will be thoroughly tested.

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Getting publicity to get more sponsorship!

Since coming back from Norway, I have done two things: 
ordering huge amounts of merchandise and food needed for the crossing, 
and, 
meeting famous people for photo-shoots and interviews to get more exposure

At the beginning of the month, I had the pleasure to meet again Johann Olaf Koss, the founder of The Right to Play.
with Johann Olaf Koss

Today I had the pleasure of meeting again the lovely Sarah, Duchess of York, who is the founder of Children in Crisis. I am full of admiration for these two people as they are doers and are really trying to improve the terrible situation in which so many of the world's children are.
with Sarah,. Duchess of York

Tomorrow, I will go to the gym with , Chemmy Alcott the lovely British top alpine ski. She is an ambassador for The Right to Play and who has very kindly offered to give me some guidance on training and food.

On Saturday I will have an interview with a Norwegian TV Channel as they are very interested in the fact that 2 of their countrymen, coming from a country who is the birthplace of almost all major polar explorers, keep on this tradition by teaching me how to be a successful explorer. They also are very interested in my motivation and the charity side of it.

The food and polar equipment are all over my house, and I will definitely have to check in more than one bag when I fly out to Trondheim! Amazing all the things we need, even though clothing is kept to a minimum!   

No comments:

Post a Comment