I am crossing Greenland on skis in May, pulling my sled to raise money for "Right To Play" and "Children in Crisis". These charities help children in the most traumatised regions of the world. I strongly believe that the world is a community and that children are our future. So for me, it is absolutely necessary that children all over the world acquire social skills, team spirit and an education so that they can respect themselves. I will face extreme cold, howling winds, fatigue and icy snow. I will have to carry everything I need on my sled and back. I will sleep in a tent in the middle of nowhere. I might even encounter a polar bear!! I am really super excited but terrified!! It is a minimum of 3 weeks so I think that my limits will be thoroughly tested.

Friday 11 March 2011

2 great news

Got an email from Petter yesterday night and we have our
 Greenland expedition permit!!
number is  A 11-39
I am sooooo excited!! 

And to make it even better, "embroidery by Design" have finished my training clothes and this is how they look. I am over the moon. Actually I am going to wear 2 of the tops and the leggings in Norway and Greenland. I am really proud to be raising money for 2 such worthwhile causes and helping children to get education, team spirit and social skills and make their mothers proud.

Yesterday night I had a great roller-ski training session with Katya from "www.rollerski.co.uk"  and she showed me the technique to ski while pulling a sled. Hips forward, abs contracted, shoulders relaxed, small stride and keep the rythm. We were laughing so much as I was pulling her uphill and we got some weird looks. The park was getting very dark and we both had forgotten to take a headlamp, so we were talking really loudly and singing, and I think that we looked rather strange... But it did help me a lot, and my back was not hurting. So again, I am much happier and confident. 


Off to Norway for my training camp tomorrow. Do I look forward to sleep in a freezing tent for a week? Not at all. But if I would, it wouldn't be a challenge I guess, and no one would sponsor me going on holidays for 3 weeks, having the fun of my life! Although, it would be an idea.....


No comments:

Post a Comment