I am crossing Greenland on skis in May, pulling my sled to raise money for "Right To Play" and "Children in Crisis". These charities help children in the most traumatised regions of the world. I strongly believe that the world is a community and that children are our future. So for me, it is absolutely necessary that children all over the world acquire social skills, team spirit and an education so that they can respect themselves. I will face extreme cold, howling winds, fatigue and icy snow. I will have to carry everything I need on my sled and back. I will sleep in a tent in the middle of nowhere. I might even encounter a polar bear!! I am really super excited but terrified!! It is a minimum of 3 weeks so I think that my limits will be thoroughly tested.

Sunday 20 February 2011

Last day of training in snow! La Valle Perduta

Today was again a beautiful day but we had to leave early afternoon to be back in Megeve in the evening, so we decided to do a shorter faster stint on skins and try to find some powder. We started again from the Punta Idren and went up to the Refuge Montova. There we went down a very steep slope to the Valle Perduta (we had to put the rope as it was icy and rocky). But at the bottom, we finally found some beautiful powder and for twenty minutes, it was really nice. The bottom part of the run was a nightmare of narrow path, rocks, roots, and ice where it was impossible to relax for a second (a little bit like playing a computer game). After lunch we drove back to France and today I will fly back to London, where training will be in the gym again. Next time I'll see the snow will be during my arctic training week in Norway starting on March 12th.


Thanks a lot to all of you who are following this blog and supporting me. The children of Children in Crisis and the Right To Play, need all the help you can give them and  I would be so grateful if you could pass along this blog to anybody who you think might be interested in sponsoring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment